The Convent of San Pancrazio
Via San Pancrazio, Barbarano Vicentino
Tel 0444 896529
On the small promontory which surrounds Barbarano from the east, there is a church and a Franciscan monastery, built in 1501, dedicated to Pancrazio, a young Roman knight martyred in 304. The interior houses a sophisticated terracotta depicting the Virgin and Child dating from the late fifteenth century. In the cloister there is a rectangular well dating back to the sixteenth century, the outer sides of which are covered with reliefs: the south side with the embrace of Jesus, to the north the Sun with the monogram of Christ in the middle, a dove to the east and to the west we find the cross of Jerusalem.