Villa Godi Marinoni
Via Castello 6, Barbarano Vicentino
Tel. 0444 886055
The building was constructed on older medieval buildings, which had been a part of the castle of Barbarano. Although there are still visible traces of interventions from the fifteenth and sixteenth century, the present form of the Villa is due to the works in 1716 carried out by Massimiliano Godi. It seems that the owners asked Muttoni to design the park. He invented a solution of multiple levels, with different elements such as a citrus grove, the greenhouse, a copse, a pond, an orchard, all connected by a staircase.
A part of the villa consists also of a barn and the Oratory of San Gaetano Thiene, erected in 1709, which contains a wooden sculpture depicting the Madonna of the Seven Sorrows and statues of saints from 18th century, as well as a building from 18th century now used for tourism and for tastings of wine produced by the owners.