The Church of Madonna dei Prati
Via Madonna Dei Prati 6, Brendola
Tel 0444 320854 (IAT Vicenza)
The complex of the church of Madonna dei Prati (Our Lady of the Meadows) has a long history and involves a church, a bell tower, a cloister and a presbytery. Its ancient origins are based on archaeological findings, in which it is thought that the structure may have replaced a small temple dedicated to deities of water or hunt. Since 1606 this church had been led by the Carmelites, who helped to spread the cult of the Madonna del Carmine, continuing to maintain the veneration of Our Lady of the Annunciation and of the image of the Virgin and Child caressing a goldfinch, which had a long and old tradition. In 1950,it took the name of Our Lady of the Meadows. On the altar on the right a stand contains the famous stucco with the image of the Virgin and Child with the goldfinch, attributed to the Tuscan school of the fifteenth century.