Via Castello 43, Pojana Maggiore
Tel. 0444 898554 - 041 5240119
Villa Pojana was commissioned to Palladio by Bonifacio Pojana along the road leading to Montagnana. The works started in the late '40s and ended in 1563. The interiors were decorated by Bernardino India and Anselmo Canera, with sculptures by Bartolomeo Ridolfi.
The project of the villa was a part of a wider program of reorganization, which affected the whole countryside. Here Palladio sought a balance typical for the Roman baths, which resulted in even more abstract forms. The façade features a loggia of a serliana type surmounted by a double frame with five round windows. Two windows open on the side of the main door. The loggia is reached by a staircase decorated with statues by Girolamo Albanese.
The façade on the back the resumes the patterns of the front but leaving the round windows blind and without the acroterial statues. The structure without the stone parts seems definitely modest.