Tel +44 1628 825925
Villa Saraceno was built between 1549 and 1568, it is the work of Andrea Palladio, who placed it in the Four Books of Architecture. According to the Palladian design the building is incomplete as it lacks the side buildings that would have given balance to the manor. Despite this, the villa is among the luckiest designs of the forties, with elements taken from an ancient Roman temple. The main floor is raised and rests on a podium where the cellars are located. In the front we find the loggia, crowned by a triangular pediment. Inside, there is a ceiling supported on wooden beams in the central hall, with a beautiful pictorial decoration.
The Villa, after a long period of decline has been restored to its original splendour by the English fund of "The Landmark Trust", the president of which is Prince Charles.